We received several requests regarding the Cuban coffee making-method. So, in this article, we will show you how to make Cuban coffee if you don’t have an espresso machine at home.
So, let’s start!
The better idea to make Cuban coffee is with an espresso machine. But even if you don’t have one; you can still brew the coffee. And I will show you how to make Cuban coffee without an espresso coffee maker. And you will be able to make one for yourself at home.
You will need the following items to make the coffee:
- Caffettiera (Moka pot)
- Perfectly ground espresso coffee
- Spoon for mixing and measuring
- Measuring cup
I assume you’ve got the basic necessity of these, and you will have the basic acquaintance of the above. If you’ve, let go to the next stage.
Follow the procedure to make Cuban coffee without an espresso coffee maker.
- Fill up the Moka pot with water – there is no water limitation. Insert as much as you want. It depends on how much coffee you want.
- Make sure that the Moka pot has a filter. It is essential to have it to prevent debris that may be found in ground coffee.
- After carefully doing the above process, place the Moka pot on the stove. Make sure to maintain medium heat on the stove.
- The essential thing in Cuban coffee is to form espuma out of sugar and the first coffee drop.
- Now, understand this step, first fill sugar in the measuring cup – stand ready for the first coffee that comes out. Don’t mix the sugar until its first drop comes from the Moka pot. When the coffee drop sends out; mix the sugar with the coffee to form a coffee. That will be called your Cuban coffee.
- In the final part; place the formed espuma from the Moka pot into a measuring cup. After shifting the coffee, shake it well. Now your Cuban coffee is ready to drink.
How to make coffee in a microwave? Does microwaved coffee taste better?
Why is Cuban coffee famous?
Customs and Tradition in Cuban
I spoke to a few Cuban friends about the coffee. They said due to their strong tradition and culture, all Cubans like to serve this coffee after a meal. And because of its taste and aroma, Cuban coffee gets tremendously famous around the world. The Island country has been making thousands of dollars by exporting this coffee, according to data from 2018 published by the Knoema.
Even with no meal, they love to serve coffee during a break. If you ever get a chance to be in Cuba, don’t be surprised on founding Cuban coffee on every corner.
Besides, Cuban coffee cannot be ruled out among many coffee lovers. And that is for obvious reasons. Many coffee lovers love this styled coffee for its strong, sweet, and thicker flavor. It is simply because of the aroma they cannot find in any other coffee.
Darker than a regular Coffee drink
It looks darker than a regular American coffee drink. Cuban coffee isn’t just famous in Cuba only. The darker-looking coffee is also consuming the US exponentially, especially in Miami, and Tampa.
Sweeter and Stronger
The third reason I’ve discussed a bit is that it contains more sugar and is found to be stronger than other styled coffee. Cuban coffee is comparatively more robust than most American coffee drinks.
If you are a coffee lover, 90 out of 100, you would love a strong coffee. It means you also love Cuban coffee.
The dark-look coffee with a robust flavor, I am sure you won’t like to miss Cuban coffee if you are a true coffee lover. The simplest way to make this styled coffee is on an espresso machine. But if you don’t have an espresso, you can still make an excellent Cuban coffee at home. Follow the guidelines above; you will get a strong, darker, and sweet coffee.